Mailing Address in Mexico

Elder Oliver Philip Hulme
Guadalajara East Mission
AV. 18 de Marzo #3088
Colonia las a Aguilas
Zapopan, Jalisco, Mexico
CP 45080

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Mole, Members Helping Missionaries, Zone Act. in Guadalajara, Spanish is Good

March 17, 2014

My whole first transfer in Tonala, we didnt eat mole, until this transfer and we have had it about 5 times, and it is the best thing in the world.

I would like to hear the talk given by the missionary about how the members can work with the missionaries, I would also like to know what it is like to be a missionary in Utah, because there are so many members, and it probably wouldn't be so hard to find a member to work with you. But really if they ever invite you to work with them, GO WORK, because when there are members it seriously makes a huge difference, With all of our investigators that have baptismal dates right now, we have a ton a members that help us out with their teachings and everything, it helps them feel a lot better and a lot more comfortable. Last night we had a lesson with the Pacheco Hernandez family, we had 2 members with us and taught the law of chastity, the both of them bore super powerful testimonies, and when the investigators see that real people (not just the two goofballs teenagers) live these laws and rules, it helps them a lot too.

This week was a pretty normal week, it went by crazy fast. Unfortunately none of our investigators came to church, E. finally found work and went to work, and the mom of the family got kidney stones and has been going to the hospital with frequency, she also might be pregnant.

We had divisions with the zone leaders this week, I was in my area with elder Mcclellan from POCATELLO, Idaho. He is a cool guy, he finishes his mission in two months, but is still working extremely hard, which I like a lot. A lot of times you run into the missionaries that aren`t really there to work, which frustrates me. Why on earth would you dedicate yourself to one thing for two years if you are not going to give it your all. **If you go on a mission, work your hardest, there is nothing better to do, and it is not worth having the guilt of wasting God's time.

Today we had a zone activity in Guadalajara. It was good, we ate pizza and I brought stir fry, and some other stuff,  we played capture the flag, all a good time, but we lose 2 hours in the bus and 2 hours in the activity, leaving us with not many hours. 

Mom, I think I sent you a list of the items I needed, also I am dominating pants some how, my favorite brown ones have pretty much gone to pot. But don't worry about it, I can buy them here. 

The spanish is really good, I've been about a month where I don't ever have troubles understanding the people, especially in lessons, 

I have been sleep walking a ton lately, mainly when I get up and start getting ready for the day. Last night at 12:28am I got up, started the water boiler, sat down to do my morning business, and that is when I realized that my body was not ready because I had only been asleep for 2 hours. Silly body.

Sure love you guys. 
Do your family prayers dangit.

LOTS OF LOVE FROM THE SON AND BROTHER

In Guadalajara, the church La Luz Del Mundo was formed (The world's light/the light of the world.) They have a huuuuuge temple and they light is up with all sorts of fun colors every night. We can always see it from my area, and let's be real - it's really cool.





No comments:

Post a Comment